Gaming on Grand Warhammer 40k Escalation League
Gaming on Grand is hosting a Warhammer 40,000 Escalation League. The league runs for 6 weeks, with players playing 6 total scoring games. The league starts players off with 500 point armies and builds every two weeks, eventually reaching 2000 point sized armies.
Please use the navigation (Outline) pane on the left to quickly move around the document.
Registration: Click here to go to the registration form
- Paypal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venmo – @Eric-Petersen-8
- Cash – Contact Eric Petersen on Facebook or Discord
Paint Contest Submissions: https://forms.gle/Sgvgf5kw1fiXWhNN7
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/556962654638520//
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/HmxCdwW
The event will be held over 6 weeks. Each week will have a point ceiling for each player:
- Week 1 – 500pts
- Week 2 – 750pts
- Week 3 – 1000pts
- Week 4 – 1250pts
- Week 5 – 1500pts
- Week 6 – 2000pts
Players may log scoring games at the point ceiling for the current week, or lower. Players may complete all games at 500pts is that is all they are able to field.
All games will be using ITC Champion or Simplified missions and scoring. More details are available in the Missions section.
Pods and Organization
- Players will be split into pods based on their preferred playstyle.
- Players may only record scoring games vs other players in their pod.
- Players may only record two scoring games per person in their pod.
- If 2 players have already battled, and desire a “rematch”, they may do so without consuming one of the 6 recorded games. Scores will be averaged.
NOTE: If there are significant scheduling issues with getting in games with other players in your pod, please contact me and we will work something out.
Link to current pods:
- Armies must be Battle Forged and follow the rules in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook and their latest codex, FAQ or index.
- Forgeworld models and rules are being allowed this time.
- No more than 2 total detachments may be used up to 1000 points, and 3 detachments up to 2000.
- Rule of 2 is in effect for points ranges 500-1000, and rule of 3 at 1250+.
- Lords of War are allowed only at 1250 point levels and higher, unless playing as Imperial Knights. NOTE: A player is only allowed to take a “Lord of War” class unit at 1250pts and lower if they are playing pure Imperial Knights, with the exception of Armigers, which will be allowed as a Super-heavy Aux detachment.
Selecting Your Army
- Players are encouraged to stick with their armies, build them up and paint them during the league.
- Players are encouraged to try different lists, experiment with new units and mix things up from week to week. No specific items, units, abilities or spells are banned.
- Models should represent what they are supposed to be and equipment on the models should be accurate and identifiable
- If proxies or count-as are being used, they should contain at least 1 model of the correct type (if able) and be clearly identified to the opponent as such. All proxies must be the same size and rough shape as the models they are replacing. The opponent may ask that a correct model be used for line-of-sight purposes as needed.
- Since this league is made to encourage new players and armies, models in various states of construction are expected. Please be reasonable about what is being fielded. Contact the league organizer as needed.
As we have many new players, painting is not required, but it is encouraged.
There will be prizes at the end of the league for the best-painted model and army.
To submit an entry, use the form below:
Max 2 entries per person per category. All entries must be received by 7/14.
- Opponents may agree to use any mission selection from the following sources:
NOTE: For ITC Simplified Missions, please use the following scoring
Major Victory – 19
Minor Victory – 13
Draw – 10
Minor Loss – 7
Major Loss – 1
ITC Champion Missions
NOTE: Please use the deployment rules as stated for missions 2, 4 and 6 on ALL missions!
- For games running at 1000pts or lower, please use 4×4 tables.
Schedule and Registration
Registration is $15 per player. PLAYERS MUST REGISTER ONLINE by using the registration form here:
Please pay entry fees via the following method
Paypal – email@example.com
Venmo – @Eric-Petersen-8
Cash – contact Eric Petersen
Do NOT pay Gaming on Grand store employees, please.
Playing & Scoring League Games
All players compete against others in their pod. Rankings will be updated weekly.
A player’s score is a combination of win/loss/tie and their battle points (their score at the end of the game)
Please log all matches on the following form:
This league is about having fun getting new and old players back into the game. Awards and prizes will be given out to participants at the end of the league to the following:
- The top player in each pod
- Best Painted
- Single Model
Awards will be handed out 7/21 at 2pm at the store.
Sportsmanship is handled with a Thumb’s Up, Thumbs Down format. We default games to a Thumbs Up from both players.
If your opponent was acting in an unsportsmanlike manner, which we define as being verbally abusive, physically aggressive, was more than 15 minutes late for a round, or knowingly cheated on a rule, you are free to give him or her a Thumbs Down on sports. This rule does not exist to express displeasure in a game because you didn’t like your opponent, your opponent’s army, or you had rules debates, etc.
A player that receives two or more Thumbs Down on Sportsmanship will be met with administrative action up to and including ejection from the event with no refund of the ticket cost.
- Players are encouraged to play on Sundays, to help build the community and offer help to newer players, but are free to arrange battles at any time.
- Please treat the terrain, tables, other players, league organizers, store employees and the store with care and respect.
- Players should have fun and resolve disputes fairly. In the event of a rules dispute cannot be resolved, contact a league organizer, or roll for it and get clarification later. Rulings will be based on the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, FAQs and the league organizer’s own judgment. Rule lawyering should be avoided.